(734) 641-6550
off

New technology to track school buses

By Carolyn Marnon – The Wayne-Westland Community School District transportation department has been rolling along with several updates involving their school buses this year. Here Comes the Bus is a new app being used by the transportation department. The app uses global...
Posted On 16 Dec 2019
off

Free holiday meals for veterans and active-duty

Wayne-Westland’s 6th Annual Holiday Meal Program for Veterans and Families of Active-Duty Service Members is being supported by Wayne Mayor John P. Rhaesa,Westland Mayor William R. Wild, Wayne-Ford Civic League President Vic Barra and your elected officials. The meal is free, but...
Posted On 10 Nov 2019
off

Shop small businesses in Wayne for holidays

This holiday season, Wayne Main Street (WMS) and the Wayne Downtown Development Authority (DDA) are reminding shoppers to think Wayne and shop local. These two organizations are spearheading downtown Wayne’s 6th Annual Small Business Saturday initiative, which will take place on...
Posted On 10 Nov 2019
off

London lands a super nova award

By Carolyn Marnon – She is the second girl in Michigan and the first girl in her Cub Scout Pack 247 to win the Dr. Luis W. Alvarez Super Nova award. Lilly London received this award, given to honor scouts for exceptional STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)...
Posted On 10 Nov 2019
off

How to keep your mouth healthy

Halloween is around the corner, here is how you can help your family stay mouth healthy on Halloween and year around. Facts: Americans spend close to $9 billion on candy, and in October a lot of that candy will end up damaging the teeth of trick-or-treating children. You might be...
Posted On 07 Oct 2019

Fashion show to raise funds

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to attend Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan or Paris? The members of the Wayne Ladies Literary Club might have wondered that too. They can’t bring you that full-sensory experience. However, they can bring you “Fall Into Fashion,”...
Posted On 07 Oct 2019
off

How yoga changed my life

By Courtney Conover – I had no idea that when I popped a VHS recording of Rodney Yee’s Yoga for Energy into my VCR back in 1998 that, over the course of several years, the gift of yoga would far exceed my wildest expectations and transform my life. Some background on...
Posted On 07 Oct 2019
off

Wayne-Westland makes superintendent transition

In a mutually-agreed upon resolution, the Wayne-Westland Community Schools Board of Education voted October 1 in a Special Session to end the School District’s administrative relationship with Superintendent Dr. Shelley Holt. The Board voted 7-0 to accept a resignation and...
Posted On 07 Oct 2019
off

“Have Gavel, Will Travel” justice comes to town

By Carolyn Marnon – “Have Gavel, Will Travel” found Michigan Supreme Court Justice Elizabeth T. Clement travelling from her home in East Lansing to the 29th District Court in Wayne August 14 and 15 to interact with people at the lower court level. The new initiative “is...
Posted On 15 Sep 2019
off

Tropical smoothie cafe opens in Wayne

By Carolyn Marnon – Bringing it’s relaxed coastal atmosphere to downtown Wayne, Tropical Smoothie Café opened August 9 in the Rite Aid plaza at the corner of Wayne Rd. and E. Michigan Ave (35131 E. Michigan Ave.) If you aren’t familiar with Tropical Smoothie Café, the...
Posted On 15 Sep 2019