(734) 641-6550
off

Ghost hunting: is it real?

By Carolyn Marnon – Friday the 13th. It can strike fear into anyone. Long considered an unlucky day in Western superstition, it has inspired a 19th century secret society (the Thirteen Club), an early 20th century novel (Friday the Thirteenth), a horror film franchise...
Posted On 12 May 2018
off

Building in Wayne makes local news

By Carolyn Marnon – “Danger: This structure is declared unsafe for human occupancy or use.” This is the red sign visible on the doors of the apartments located at 35732 and 35736 W. Michigan Ave. You might know the building-it’s the Tudor Revival that might remind you of a...
Posted On 12 May 2018
off

Experience the sauce

By Carolyn Marnon – “I’m not a store shelf sale to make money. I’m selling you something I created that I put my heart and soul into,” says Benjamin Welch, owner of Chili Sauce and Dogs, a local food truck. “It’s truly an art.” Who is Benjamin Welch? Benjamin is a 2003...
Posted On 12 May 2018
off

Call it a Comeback Beavers, wild turkeys now living along revitalized Rouge River

By Kurt Kuban – I began organizing Rouge Rescue in Wayne back in 2001. In the months leading up to that first river clean up, I was walking along the Rouge trying to figure out where to start. Everywhere you looked there was trash — shopping carts, tires and just...
Posted On 12 May 2018

Marihuana ordinances being reviewed

The issue of marihuana facilities in Wayne has come before the City Council. To approve or to disapprove? At a previous meeting, the council chambers were packed when residents thought a new marihuana ordinance was going to be on the agenda. When it was discovered it would not...
Posted On 12 Apr 2018

Flames extinguished

By Carolyn Marnon – Flames were raging skyward out of the roof of one of the buildings at Little Creek Apartments on John Hix in Wayne Wednesday, March 21, when the Wayne Fire Department rolled up to fight the fire. Ash could be seen floating down like snowflakes. Inkster...
Posted On 12 Apr 2018

Recall election May 8th – What you need to know

By Carolyn Marnon – The City of Wayne will be holding a special election on Tuesday, May 8, for the Recall of Ward 1 Councilman, Christopher Sanders. According to Gregory P. Mahar, Director of Elections, Wayne County Clerk’s Office, election results are unofficial until the...
Posted On 12 Apr 2018

Senior living opens its doors at Wayne Tower

By Carolyn Marnon – Originating from a Christian commitment of service, the mission of National Church Residences is to provide high quality care, services and residential communities for all seniors. One such community is here in Wayne, Wayne Tower, 35200 Sims. These...

Justice Richard Bernstein to speak in Wayne

Justice Richard Bernstein will be speaking at the March 20 meeting of the Wayne Rotary Club. He will speak about law and justice. Justice Bernstein became the first blind justice, elected by voters statewide, to the Michigan Supreme Court in November 2014. With a commitment to...

Local couples talk about love and marriage

By Carolyn Marnon – Look around you and I am sure you will find many couples who have been happily married for a number of years. Here are just a couple stories from around the community. Dwayne and Shawna Walker They’ve been together through thick and thin for 18 years....