(734) 641-6550
off

STEP to open new Thrift Store and Donation Center

Services To Enhance Potential (STEP) to host a grand opening event for its newest STEP Thrift Store and Donation Center, and Progressive Art Studio Collective (PASC), to date, on Friday, November 12, 2021, at 13705 and 13721 Eureka Road, (next door to each other in Southgate...
off

How to reduce your lead exposure at home

By Sarah Shurge – When someone hears there is lead in their drinking water, panic tends to set in. General questions usually are: how much lead? Am I at risk for health problems? What can I do to protect myself? The City of Wayne Department of Public Works (DPW) conducts...
off

Veterans display at Wayne Public Library

By Sarah Shurge – As we welcome the month of November, many people’s first thought goes to Thanksgiving. A holiday focused on family, friends, football, and food. But another holiday happens earlier in the month that some would consider much more important. Veterans Day....
off

Believe the HYPE – From recreation to philanthropy, owner Ali Sayed explains how HYPE Athletics is changing the game

By Courtney Conover – A doctor. That’s what Ali Sayed, owner of HYPE Athletics, wanted to be when he grew up. “I wanted to be a doctor because I knew they made a lot of money,” explains Sayed. “And I didn’t have that when I was a kid.” Although Sayed attended school in West...
off

Makers Market to open in Downtown Wayne

By Sarah Shurge – Are you a maker in the community that is looking to expand your business outside of your home? Are you looking for a fun and safe one-stop shop opportunity to connect with current and future customers? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then...
off

Westland Free Methodist Church celebrated 150 years

By Sarah Shurge – “We’re not just celebrating us and our building, but celebrating loving people for 150 years,” said Eric Rose, associate pastor at Westland Free Methodist Church. To reach 150 years, you have to be doing something right, right? Being a church with a rich...
off

FAN’s Hope Not Handcuffs changing lives in Wayne

By Sarah Shurge – Sometimes one decision can change your life; like making the decision to get help. It might not seem like a huge decision, but it is the first and most important step towards the path of a better life for yourself. That is what Hope Not Handcuffs is about....
off

Knights celebrate 75 years serving Wayne

By Sarah Shurge – A lot can happen in 75 years. A lot of change and growth. Or a lot of stagnation and decline. When it comes to organizations, some don’t last to see 75 years. The Knights of Columbus Notre Dame Council 3021 have not only survived but thrived in the City of...
off

Garden City Hospital opens Community Health Center

By Sarah Shurge –  “This is a major investment in this community’s health, today as we open the brand new Westland Community Health Center,” said Governor Gretchen Whitmer at the grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony of the new health center in Westland. The ceremony...
off

Patriots’ Day Celebration honors local heroes

By Sarah Shurge – September 11th, 2001 is more than just a day in the history of the United States. Some people went to work that day and never came home. Some people lost family members. Some people were terribly injured. Some people were first responders and saved lives...